There are ways to lose weight safely. A steady weight loss of 1 to 2 pounds per week is recommended for the most effective long-term weight management.
That said, many eating plans leave you feeling hungry or unsatisfied. These are major reasons why you might find it hard to stick to a healthier eating plan.
However, not all diets have this effect. Low carb diets and whole food, lower calorie diets are effective for weight loss and may be easier to stick to than other diets.
Here are 9 tips to lose weight faster:
1. Eat a high protein breakfast. Eating a high protein breakfast could help reduce cravings and calorie intake throughout the day.
2. Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juice. Empty calories from sugar aren’t useful to your body and can hinder weight loss.
3. Drink water before meals. One study showed that drinking water before meals reduced calorie intake and may be effective in weight management.
4. Choose weight-loss-friendly foods. Some foods are better for weight loss than others. Here is a list of healthy weight-loss-friendly foods.
5. Eat soluble fiber. Studies show that soluble fibers may promote weight loss. Fiber supplements like glucomannan can also help.
6. Drink coffee or tea. Caffeine consumption can boost your metabolism.
7. Base your diet on whole foods. They’re healthier, more filling, and much less likely to cause overeating than processed foods.
8. Eat slowly. Eating quickly can lead to weight gain over time, while eating slowly makes you feel more full and boosts weight-reducing hormones.
9. Get good quality sleep. Sleep is important for many reasons, and poor sleep is one of the biggest risk factors for weight gain.